Monday, May 25, 2009

You Win Some, You Lose Some

Kandinsky's Shirt Button, my transgender romance short, has been reviewed by Rainbow Reviews.

It scored two stars out of five. *whimper*

And you're asking, "Why is she announcing this?" A negative review is no fun, but there's no sense in pretending it never happened. Apart from that, the review is wonderfully-written.

It can be quite a challenge, as an author, to look at your work from outside of the work itself. When I'm composing a story, I am fully immersed in the world of that story. I am with the characters. I am the characters. I'm not their analyst. I don't always know why they do what they do; it's just who they are.

From that perspective, reviews are quite illuminating and I'm always indebted to reviewers for sharing their honest opinions of my work. They have the ability to view my stories in a way I can't: objectively, from outside the characters' world.

All I can say is, "Thank you, Rainbow Reviews!" (and mention that last year Rainbow Reviews gave my short story The Regular from the Torquere anthology LOVE BITES a marvelous review...)

Read Rainbow Reviews' take on KANDINSKY'S SHIRT BUTTON

No comments:

Post a Comment