Monday, September 21, 2009

Quick Six Interview with Barrie Abalard

Quick Six Interview with Barrie Abalard

1. Hi Barrie! Would you be so kind as to tell us what type of stories you write?

I write both M/F and M/M erotic romance and erotica, usually with a spanking or BDSM emphasis. Every now and then my sense of humor slips its leash, and I turn out a lighter, more humorous variety of story. I've also published erotic stories that are suspenses. All my stories are contemporary. Some are set in the high tech world, where I had a long and successful career as a software technical writer.

2. What are you reading right now?

My mind likes to pick at puzzles, so I read a lot of suspenses/thrillers, especially of the high tech variety. Currently I'm enjoying "Monkeewrench" by P. J. Tracy. This novel is the first in the series, and it's good.

3. I hear music in the background…what’s playing?

Probably Green Day. But it could be Jonathan Coulton, They Might Be Giants, or Warren Zevon. Or Eric Clapton...

4. Do you have a favourite naughty word?

Cock. :)

5. Is there a word or phrase that absolutely makes you cringe?

I can't say I have one.

6. Be honest: What are you snacking on?

Ghirardelli's Bittersweet 60% Cacao Chocolate Chips. They're only five calories each, large but not too sweet. They are my favorite dark chocolate fix because I can savor five or ten or them, and not blow my diet.

Promo time! Flog your wares. Any exciting new releases?

My latest release was in May: PRIVATE BOX, Excessica Press. It's my first with Excessica, and I'm excited to work with them.

In progress are an erotic suspense novel set in Vegas and an erotic Seventies romance. Both are quite kinky.

How can readers find out more about you and your work?

You can find all of my works on,,,,, and any number of erotic ebook sites. There are too many to list here.

I write short stories and novellas regularly for a subscription spanking-romances site, Content changes weekly, and over half the time, I have a story up. I write for them as Belle.

I have a new Twitter account, - anyone wanting the latest info on my books, chances to win free reads, or a peek inside the twisted writing center in my brain, should follow me. I welcome questions and look forward to meeting fans, authors, and aspiring writers on Twitter. It's the only social networking tool I use, so please do follow. My web site is

Oh, Ghirardelli rocks my world. I love the ones filled with caramel. And my mother pronounces the brand name "Chickarelli" for some reason, so I always laugh when I see the packaging. Maybe she thinks the "G" looks like a "C"--okay, understandable--but where does the "ck" come from? And it's one of those things where you can correct her over and over, but it's always "Chickarelli."

Anyway...thanks for the interview! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment