Monday, March 28, 2011

Quick Six TNG with Kissa Starling

What a treat! An interview with someone who happens not to share my June Cleaver fetish. (Mmm...vacuuming in heels...) Here's today's Quick Six with Kissa Starling!

1. What does "vanilla" mean to you?
When I think 'vanilla' I think musk, ice cream, white, sex and then I think body splash, sprinkles, rainbows and sass. Variety is the spice of life and shiny things distract me.
2. Is there any moment from your life that you remember in slow motion?
Not yet but I'm hoping when my final moment on this Earth comes I get to relive everything one last time. If it goes in slow motion I may get a few extra years.

3. What's the most unsettling movie you've ever seen?
Leave it to Beaver. Okay, it's really a sitcom but have you seen the clothing? And the cooking? And the cleaning? All that agreeing? And all that freaking smiling? It's enough to drive a person insane. And who names a 50's sitcom after a woman's pussy anyway? I was prepped for a totally different theme when I read the title.
4. If you had to get a tattoo on your face, what would you want it to look like?
I would love a mask. It would have to be very colorful and include lots of whirly swirls. I'd always be ready for a masquerade ball. I could rob banks with no consequences. I bet I could fill in for sick superheroes and wear a skin tight costume while I saved the world from hum drum!
5. How many monkeys jumping on the bed?
Depends on if it's my bed at home or a hotel bed. Only my cat jumps on the bed at home- any and everyone can jump on my hotel bed. That's part of going on a road trip right?
6. Which of the books or stories you've written is your favourite?
I feel like all of my stories are leaning to the right and straining their ears! I'm so consumed when I'm writing that usually the current one is my favorite but if promise not to tell (I'm looking both ways) ....Angel's Wish is near and dear to my heart. It's one of the first erotic stories I ever wrote. I did weeks of research on the 50's and old cars while writing and fell in love with the characters, the setting and the plot.

Angel's Wish
A Sapphic Time Travel to the 1950's
Published by Renaissance Ebooks
(And yes this books has two different covers. I'm not quite sure why but you'll see both covers in various places so be prepared.


BLURB:
Angel is nothing more than a two-bit mechanic. She dreams of vintage pin-up girls and old cars. Nothing else excites her. One day at work she takes a cat nap and wakes up in the 1950’s. Old cars are now new and classy women are abundant and sweet. Can she find hers before she’s yanked back to her own time? Lust, love, or luck- she’s bound to find one of the three when she wishes upon the star on a tree!

10 comments:

  1. A very interesting interview with one very hot and talented author. Kissa you rock...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Too funny on the Leave it to Beaver name association. I guess I'd never thought of that, although I do giggle at the connotation.

    Angel's Wish sounds fun!

    Cassidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kissa, you've told me some things I couldn't have imagined about you. All good mind you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've told me some things about yourself that I never would have imagined. All good mind you. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quick Six, Kissa - love the beaver comment, hafta admit it never occurred to me!

    Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha I am so glad all you stopped by. This was a fun interview and I give thanks to Giselle Renarde for doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview and spectacular answers. The mask didn't surprise me, but the beaver comment had me laughing. Kissa, you can jump on my hotel bed any time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. Love the name of this blog. Giselle, great questions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for stopping by! It's great to see you!
    Giselle

    ReplyDelete