Saturday, October 22, 2011

New Release & Contest: The Finer Things

Win my new erotic romance short, The Finer Things, published by Secret Cravings. Keep Reading to find out how!



As soon as Melanie arrives home for summer break, she remembers why high school in her absentee parents' house was such a trial. Her parents' maid Sinta is her favorite person around...until Melanie meets Sinta's son Jansen. He's not at all what Melanie anticipates of someone in work clothes, and she's blown away when he mentions that they actually attend the same university. When Jansen offers Melanie a summer job at the factory of his employ, she surprises herself by accepting the position. She's amazed at how good it feels to work hard and go home exhausted -- and making out in the parking lot during their lunch hour is just the icing on the cake!

Story Excerpt

“Hey, you’re avoiding crack, too!” Melanie realized right away that she’d misspoken, and she could feel the flush rising in her cheeks.

Jansen was laughing before she could correct herself. “Avoiding crack?” he chuckled. “You bet I am. Just say no, that’s my motto.”

The cracks,” Melanie said, feeling utterly fallible. “You’re avoiding the cracks in the sidewalk. That’s what I meant.”

Sliding his hand into hers, Jansen pressed his palm flush to Melanie’s, weaving their fingers together. “Step on a crack, break your mother’s back. I’m not taking any chances.”

It was silly to feel so short of breath. He was only holding her hand…and still, this moment meant more to her than sex had meant with some other guys. What she was feeling now, with Jansen, was something not entirely innocent but not purely sexual either. It was something she wanted to hold onto, something she’d be heartbroken if she lost.

“I never even asked you what program you’re in at school,” she realized, gazing up at his handsome face.

The mottled sunlight filtered by leafy trees overhead dappled their bodies as they walked. “Once I finish up my Bachelor of Science I’m starting at Veterinary College. Got my pre-acceptance papers in the mail a couple weeks ago.”

“Oh my God, you’re going to be a vet?” Now Melanie knew, beyond the shadow of a doubt, this was love. Of course, she wasn’t about to admit that to him, not yet at least. He could probably tell. Jansen seemed like the kind of guy who knew what she was going to say before she said it. “That’s amazing. Vet school is so hard to get into. Congratulations, Jansen.” His name on her tongue made her dizzy in a way she’d never felt before

And then, beneath the shade of Mrs Singh’s maple tree, Jansen quieted her with a kiss. She should have seen it coming, really, and she wondered if this had been his plan, if this is why he’d asked her to come for a walk in the first place. Shut up, brain, just shut up for five seconds and enjoy this! God, was he gentle, the way he held the backs of her arms with just his fingertips, and pressed his lips impossibly softly to hers. Melanie’s system flooded with a gush of warmth while Jansen’s tongue danced in the wet heat of her mouth. Her veins felt thick with the pleasure of love, and when he pulled away slowly, she knew that nothing could ever be enough.


Contest:

I've got 3 pdf copies of The Finer Things to give away. All you have to do is tell me about your favourite "finer things" in life. What qualifies as "the finer things"? Well, that answer's going to be different for everyone. I value love, of course, but I'm also a bit of a symphony groupie, and I love theatre and opera. The priciest thing I treat myself to is original art, not because I'm a rich art snob (not even close!) but because, the way I see it, I'm an artist of sorts and I feel like it's good karma to buy challenging or avant garde pieces from struggling young artists.

And I love chocolate truffles. Yummy-yummers! Can't forget those.

How about you? What "finer things" do you enjoy? Comment below. Remember to include your email address with your answer. What day is it today, Saturday? Okay, you've got until Sunday (Oct. 23, 2011) at 11:59pm EST to get your entry in.

Comment now for your chance to win: What are your favourite "finer things" in life?

Hugs,
Giselle

4 comments:

  1. Loving this set-up, great excerpt rich with the new-in-love experience. My faves? Wild geese flying high just as the full moon is rising; a soft spring breeze rich with the scent of lilac; a perfect day like today, sunny, sixties, leaves nearly gone, the last kiss of autumn. Well, and great sex and being in love, goes without saying...

    Congrats on the release!

    Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new story sounds great Giselle!

    Finer things are: time spent with family from watching a movie on any old weekend to the holidays to well just about anything, I love a good soak in the tub with candles and tea and a good book, writing a story when I'm so into it that I forget where I am as I'm lost somewhere in my own world, candles by water, mmmm and the mix of chocolate with coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me it would have to be sitting on a lounge chair right at the beach in San Diego (with my ereader of course!), going to the theatre since I rarely get to go, and attending sports events. All of these items I would consider 'finer things' for me ;)

    Eva
    evitap67(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everybody! The contest is now closed and prizes have been disbursed. (You all won, btw)
    Hugs,
    Giselle

    ReplyDelete