Friday, December 23, 2011

Festive Frenzy: Christmas Mistletoe


Title: Christmas Mistletoe

Author: M. Durango

Genre: Contemporary

Blurb: Ben Warren’s year is ending on a down note: he dumped his two-timing boyfriend, got laid off from his job, and moved home with his parents. Not sure what to do next, he spends the Christmas season working at his family’s Christmas Tree lot, a job he thought he’d left behind years before. When Nick Paine, a former high school track buddy, shows up in search of the perfect tree, Ben thinks it’s just another business transaction. Once Nick makes it obvious his interest is more personal, Ben realizes his year might end on a positive note after all.

Sample:

The afternoon of Christmas Eve was their last time selling; anything unsold would be set out for free, and Ben was glad to see that wouldn't be very much. All of the wreaths and other accessories were gone, and there were only a few spindly trees left. Ben was just getting finished closing up when he caught sight of Nick's Jeep parked along the curb.

He smiled and waved Nick over. "I didn't expect to see you."

Nick sauntered over, hands shoved in the pockets of his coat. "I was in the neighborhood. I know you close early on Christmas Eve."

"In the neighborhood, huh?" Ben couldn't wipe the grin off his face. "I'm almost done here." He gestured to the lot behind him. "If you want to grab a bite to eat."

"Actually." Nick flicked his gaze away for a second before continuing. "I've got stew in the crock pot at home. I thought I'd see if you wanted to share."

Ben's smile grew. "I'd love to share. I need to finish closing up; why don't I come over when I'm done?"

Nick rocked forward on his toes. "Good deal. I'll leave the porch light on." He grinned and headed back to his car.

Ben wished Nick's coat wasn't covering his ass.

Buy Link: http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79_108&products_id=3438

No comments:

Post a Comment