Friday, May 4, 2012

Torquere Charity Sip (for NOH8) Call for Submissions


Torquere Charity Sip Call 2012

It's that time again, where all of our great authors get together to donate to a charity working within the GLBTQ community! This year, Torquere Press has chosen NOH8 as the donation charity, and authors who contribute agree to donate 100% of their royalties to NOH8, with Torquere Press matching the
donation.

This year's theme, since this is Torquere Press' ninth anniversary as well, is leather. Nine is the leather anniversary, y'all! How cool is that?

Leather can be reflected in any way in the story. BDSM may immediately spring to mind, but leather can also mean cowboys, fast cars, Italian shoes, jewelry, or any of a million other things. We want stories that show LGBTQ characters in positive situations, and have strong stories with happy endings. (Or at least happy for now.)

Word count is 3000 to 8000 words, and those limits are firm. Please adjust your manuscripts accordingly before submission. Deadline for submissions is July 1, 2012. Please send all submissions to submissions@ torquerepress. com with Charity Sip Blitz in the subject line. For formatting questions or other content questions, please refer to our general guidelines, here: http://torquerepres s.com/submission s.html

Leather up and send us your charity sips for NOH8!

***
So, that's the call for submissions as issued by Torquere Press.  I just want to mention that last year I contributed my trans lesbian story "Eclipse the Stars" to their charity sip line benefitting It Gets Better, and that ebook is still available for purchase through Torquere or Rainbow ebooks.


Further to that, if you want to help me personally raise money for yet another charity, between May 1st and May 7th 2012 I will donate $1 from the purchases of my books Nanny State and Secret Confessions to LGBT Youthline, an organization that provides peer support to queer youth.

To find out more, please check out my blog post on the topic:
  http://donutsdesires.blogspot.ca/2012/05/may-day-anniversary-fundraising-for.html 

If you're not in a position to buy anything right now, I would really (really!) appreciate if you could tweet about this promotion or blog about it or...umm... Facebook it? (I don't have a Facebook account, so I have no idea how things work over there. LOL)

But anything you can do to help me raise money for queer youth will earn you a warm place in my heart.  I know that sounds cheesy, but I really mean it.

Thank You and BIG Hugs,
Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment