Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Personal Hunger Update #IdleNoMore

For anyone who's keeping track (which, I suspect, is no one), I have completed my hunger strike (you can read the why here http://donutsdesires.blogspot.ca/2012/12/the-political-is-personal-idlenomore.html) and I'm eating again.

I started off with a bowl of porridge, which was cool, but then I made the mistake of eating an orange from my grandmother's house and ended up curled in a ball of trying-not-to-puke pain for 10 hours. Note to self: never eat anything from grandma's house.

(As as aside, does anybody else take a bite of food and go, "Gross! This is rotten." and then eat the whole thing anyway?  Why do I do that?)

I broke my fast 3 hours earlier than I wanted to, mostly because I was having trouble standing up.  Oh, and heart palpitations.  That worried me a bit.  I never got hungry in the tummy-rumbling sense, which shouldn't surprise me since I have a pretty poor diet and my body's probably used to living on little food.  With zero food, I had very little energy and found myself sleeping a lot.  Unexpectedly.  Like when you wake up and you're like, "I was asleep? When did that happen?"

Anyway, I'm sure I didn't accomplish anything political, but that was my drop in the ocean. 

Harper doesn't speak for me.

Peace,
Giselle


No comments:

Post a Comment