Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I Could Sure Use Your Opinion

Help a writer out?  

I spent 4 hours today working on the cover for my upcoming taboo novella "Adam and Sheree's Family Vacation" but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to fonts and I suck at making decisions.  

Also, after 4 hours of work I get so caught up in the minutiae that I lose sight of the big picture.  I can't see the forest for the trees.

So rein me in, why don't ya?

I've posted 3 possible versions of the cover.  They're all very similar.  When I started working on it, I kept thinking, "I really want this to look like a National Lampoons movie poster."  Which makes soooo much sense for brother/sister (CONSENTING ADULTS!)  erotica, right?  Well, the story has a comedic slant too, so I guess that's where that impulse came from. 

What's your gut reaction?  Which one works best?  AND is there anything on this cover that doesn't work, or could work better another way, etc?

Please let me know in the comments. I'm dyin' here!
Thanks so much,
Giselle

Adam and Sheree's Family Vacation: Version 1


Adam and Sheree's Family Vacation: Version 2


Adam and Sheree's Family Vacation: Version 3

2 comments:

  1. I'd use a combo of 1 & 2 -- the handwritten font for the "Adam and Sheree's" (so it's more like a post card) and the typewriter-style font for your name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the arched back in the picture. And agree that the handwritten font is good for "Adam and Sheree's." I considered whether, for consistency, you want your name the same, but I think having the byline handwritten looks less professional. I think I prefer the byline font from cover 3 to the typewritten font, but either 2 or 3 would be fine. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete