Sunday, September 30, 2012

Guest Post: When in Rome by Lucy Felthouse

When in Rome by Lucy Felthouse

I've found that the longer I've been writing, the more I find inspiration in the strangest places. And sometimes the inspiration doesn't strike me until much later. My story in Smut in the City is a perfect example of this.

I went to Rome back in May for the first time. I fully expected to come home with some ideas for stories, and given I needed to get my story written for Smut in the City when I got back, then that was perfect. What I wasn't expecting, however, was for the inspiration to come from the Colosseum. It's an absolutely awe-inspiring place, but it's so busy and crowded that getting up to anything sexy would grant you a large audience of onlookers and possibly some time spent in an Italian jail.

But, would you believe, a metal barrier and a sign gave me an idea. The whole structure is ancient and crumbling, but there's a particular part of it which is fenced off from the public as it is apparently more dangerous than the rest. And it's here that I set the sex scene from my story. My horny characters slipped past the warning barrier and had some kinky fun with thousands of people just feet away from them.

And voila, Within the Crumbling Walls was born. Now, I know my ideas are sparked by unusual things, but I think a metal barrier has got to be the strangest.

*****

Sultry, smouldering sex in the city is the theme of this erotic anthology, edited by Victoria Blisse and Lucy Felthouse.

From the stifling heat of the London Underground to the crumbling walls of Rome’s Colosseum, Smut in the City has it all. Whatever your interpretation of sultry urban sex, there’s something nestling between the covers for you. Lusty couples, horny office workers, hunky bakers and gardeners, tourists and the Mafia are portrayed for your titillation in this exciting collection of stories
from erotica’s finest authors.

More info, excerpt and buy links: http://lucyfelthouse.co.uk/published-works/smut-in-the-city/

*****

Lucy is a graduate of the University of Derby, where she studied Creative Writing. During her first year, she was dared to write an erotic story - so she did. It went down a storm and she's never
looked back. Lucy has had stories published by Cleis Press, Constable and Robinson, Decadent Publishing, Ellora's Cave, Evernight Publishing, House of Erotica, Ravenous Romance, Resplendence Publishing, Sweetmeats Press and Xcite Books. She is also the editor of Uniform Behaviour, Seducing the Myth, Smut by the Sea and Smut in the City. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk.
Join her on Facebook and Twitter, and subscribe to her newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/gMQb9

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about other author's inspirational moments. Those are the greatest! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete