GI's Anatomy: Drawing Gender, Drawing Sex, Drawing BodiesAre you a trans or intersex person of any age (over 16) who would like to be involved in an exciting new life drawing project?
Gendered Intelligence has been awarded a £30,000 grant from the Wellcome Trust for “GI’s Anatomy” - a series of practical life drawing workshops with transgender and intersex participants exploring the science of non-normative sexed and gendered bodies through art.
The project will include:
- A series of life drawing workshops drawing trans and intersex life models
- Presentations from professionals on medical practice around sex and gender, including Mr Nim Christopher (phalloplasty surgeon) and Dr Polly Carmichael (specialist in gender identity development and disorders of sex development (DSD))
- Group discussions around the science of non-normative sexed and gendered bodies
- Visits to galleries / art exhibitions to inspire our work
ParticipantsWe're looking for two groups of people to participate in the drawing workshops:
- 15 young trans and/or intersex people aged between 16-25
- 15 trans and/or intersex people aged 26 and over
We can refund your full travel costs to London to attend the sessions. (UK only).
If you would like to participate in the workshops, please fill in this application form. Participants do not have to model - we are recruiting models separately.
Life modelsWe are not looking for any more trans life models at this time. However, if you are an intersex person who would be interested in life modelling, please click here for more information and an application form.
(If any of my links don't work, or for more info, check them out here: http://genderedintelligence.co.uk/arts-projects/anatomy/http://genderedintelligence.co.uk/arts-projects/anatomy/)
Sounds like an amazing project!