Monday, August 25, 2008

i'm a wiener


If only I could be in writing mode and business mode simultaneously, but that seems to be happening for me with increasing infrequency. I don't remember the last time I got out there, promoting my work. Right now it's all about the writing.

I think I'm having way too much sex, and it must way too good, because the moment Sweet leaves my house or throws me out of the car on the side of the highway or whatever, I'm right back at my computer writing about it. It's a little like dream journaling, for anyone who's done that: you don't want to let a single detail slip through your fingers because it all has such great value. I want to include in my work every body twinge, every sigh of enlightenment, every expression of emotion.

Maybe I've told Sweet I'm only with her for the material one too many times; I think she's starting to believe it. Truly, the inspiration of new material is just a delightful bonus.

Ooops... I've been rambling so much I almost for to explain my wiener-ness:
Put on your congratulatory caps, because my story Secret Mercy received an honourable mention in For The Girls' "transgression" short story competition. You can read the judges' comments here. Become a For The Girls member soon, because Secret Mercy is scheduled to appear on the site September 18th. Keep an eye out for it!

Lot of Lovin'
gigi