Thursday, March 26, 2009

Learn To Dance

Okay, so I need to learn to dance. This is an unfortunate turn of events, as I am extremely uncoordinated. Thing is, I have a girlfriend whose love of ballroom dancing has been rejuvenated by Dancing with the Stars. In my endless effort to stay out of the doghouse, I need to be the romantic partner who will do anything for my Sweet. Right now, that means figuring out how to dance.

Fortunately, I never learned the “girl” way to dance, so I don’t need to forget everything I know in order to lead. Sweet’s quite anxious to dump that role. When I took her by the waist and jokingly swung her around the room the other day, it was only the second time in her life she’d danced as the “lady.” The first time was with “a very gay guy” in a club about ten years ago.

So…how to dance, how to dance, how to dance? To answer these questions, I turned to the trusty internet. I’ve learned so much online. As it turns out, I’m not sure I'll be able to add dancing to that list.

Here’s what I’ve come across so far:

Learn to Dance with Napolean Dynamite
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/napoleon
Amusing? Yes. Helpful? No.

How to Dance without Embarrassing Yourself
http://www.howcast.com/videos/1097-How-To-Dance-Without-Embarrassing-Yourself
A dude in drag shows you the ropes. Seems like this would be particularly useful for me, but no. Very funny, though.

How to Booty Dance
http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-booty-dance-17873/
Really, really, really not what I was looking for.

How to Dance the Basic Salsa Step


Hey…this is it! This is exactly what I wanted to know: where to put my hands and a basic step.

Alright! The internet has saved me yet again. YouTube is my salvation. Time to get out on the dance floor and salsa Sweet’s curvy little buns off!

BIG HUGS,
Giselle Renarde

No comments:

Post a Comment