Monday, March 2, 2009

Quick Six Interview with Leighann Phoenix

Quick Six
Interview with Leighann Phoenix

1. Would you be so kind as to tell us what type of stories you write?

LP: Paranormal/Romance/Erotica and anything else you can think of...
I originally got a degree in writing a while back and spent a lot of time writing literary fiction. But that's not as fun.

2. What are you reading right now?

LP: I'm currently working on my next book.. I don't read other stuff while I'm writing cuz I find that my stuff starts sounding like what I'm reading. So I studiously avoid that!

3. I hear music in the background…what' s playing?

LP: Curse Icon, Nickelback. I got into Curse Icon when I thought they were a local band from my hometown area. I got a deal with them to do the music for the "Mira" book trailer and now they're going national. It's pretty cool. I can't seem to stop listening to them.

4. Do you have a favourite naughty word?

LP: Nah, I like them all! But I have a preference for "lick" on any given occasion and in the right context...

5. Is there a word or phrase that absolutely makes you cringe?

LP: I don't tend to like the word "cunt". I'll use it when I think appropriate, but it just seems so harsh.

6. Be honest: What are you snacking on?

LP: Ding dongs! I'll start my diet tomorrow.

Promo time! Flog your wares. Any exciting new releases? How can readers find out more about you and your work?

Currently I'm working on the third book in my series. It started with "Leader of the Pack" which went bestseller on eXcessica for several weeks running. After a lot of reader questions wanting more about the world, I wrote "Mira", which is kind of a prologue. It was just released. And now I'm working on "Leaders of the Pack", which is the continuation of the original.

Thanks so much for the interview!
Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment