Thursday, April 21, 2011

Give It Up for Earth Day

I just came across this cool initiative from Earth Day Canada called Give It Up for Earth Day, so I thought I'd pass it along. Their main challenge involves making the choice to give up meat, toxic cleaners, watching TV, and/or buying stuff for a given period of time.

I could probably cut down on my TV consumption (I've developed a bad habit of leaving the room with the TV still on) so I will start by not watching TV for ONE DAY. (Yeah, what a sacrifice, Giselle!) I know, I know, but after that one day I'll try another day, and another. I've already switched to non-toxic cleaners, and I hardly ever eat meat, so I could easily give up meat for a week (at least!) and buying stuff? I gave up buying stuff when I started writing full time! LOL

Definitely check out the website. It is coolissimo: http://www.earthday.ca/giveitup/index.php

2 comments:

  1. Does listening to the Blue Jays game while you're writing really count as watching TV? If not, I can definitely give that up . . . meat, not so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh my neighbour is cleaning with toxic chemicals as we speak--I can smell it through the bathroom vent.

    Hmm...Blue Jays...yeah that counts as TV...though not so much as entertainment... (OH! That was a good one, Giselle!) The last time I recall having fun at a Jays game was back when they played at Exhibition Stadium. Was there anyone in Toronto at that time who didn't have one of those MR. SUB duffel bags? Remember those?

    Ahhh...nostalgia...

    ReplyDelete