Monday, November 7, 2011

Quick Six PRO with Jena Galifany (Part 1)

Here's another interview where I'm going to tell you NOT to count... because if you do, you'll find there are more than 6 questions and answers here. Actually, forget I said anything. There are 6. All is well. Tune in for more next week, same bat-time, same bat-channel.

Quick Six PRO
Interview with Jena Galifany

Q: What's hot on the market these days?

It seems to be vampires and paranormal, but I've not really ventured there much. In Her Perfect Man, the main character can see things before they happen. I have a vampire idea but it is still in the development stage.

Q: What's the most time-consuming part of a writer's life?

The marketing of the book once it's been released. An author needs to keep their name in the public arena as much as possible. That's why little interviews like this one are so wonderful and appreciated.

Q: On the topic of ebook piracy, hunter or head in the sand?

My first book,
Three Times a Hero, was pirated by a rude little man in the Philippines that told me when confronted that I was a rich American and could afford for him to make money on my book. As if! I responded by closing down his site and his Paypal account along with his partner's site as well. I'm always on the look out for pirates, not only of my work, but of the work of my fellow authors.

Q: What should a writer's priority be?

To entertain the reader by stirring some emotion, be it anger, love, joy, hope, what ever. If the reader felt nothing, the writer did not do their job.

Q: How do you handle a bad review?

A review is one person's opinion. If it is a bad one, I try to see what they saw and learn from it. I don't fuss about it. I use it to my advantage to become a better writer.

Q: Have you ever encountered any unprofessional behaviors from editors, publishers or other writers, that they might not even realize are damaging?

I've worked with so many wonderful people in the writing industry and have been blessed with only professional behavior. I did see the one writer that threw such a fit about a less than wonderful review that she effectively destroyed her own career as a writer. That was sad to see.

Q: What advice do you give aspiring authors?

You never know it all. Keep working at your craft and learn from those who have gone before you. Never stop writing. If one project doesn't work out as you'd like, begin the next one. Learn from rejections and keep at it.

The ShadowsForge series can be found at Whiskey Creek Press.com:

http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=58

No comments:

Post a Comment