Sunday, June 17, 2012

#SixSunday Dennis and Dad

Well, this is timely! Today I'm posting six sentences from my gay father's day story "Dennis and Dad."  This is one of my few non-erotic titles, focused on family events rather than sex and romance.  Although, come to think of it, there's an eternal romance in this story that moves me to tears--between Dennis and Chris's father, who is aging faster than either of these men can bear.

The scene I've chosed to showcase is a subdued but emotional moment between Chris and his dad's partner Dennis as they begin a difficult discussion about Dad's apparent oncoming dementia:

***
Dennis bent down in front of an herb garden full of weeds and some parsley. Chris bent down, too, and helped pull out the errant grasses and clover.

“I’m worried,” Dennis said. His tone of voice was casual as always, but Chris was troubled by the statement.

Chris nodded even though Dennis wasn’t looking at him. “Me too.”
***

Dennis and Dad is available now, and on sale this month for only $0.74 at Untreed Reads: http://store.untreedreads.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=425

Hugs,
Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment