Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Play It On My Radio: A Diary In Music

I'm ridiculously excited about this new book. It's full of posts from my music blog, A Friendly Musical Visitor Every Day. You can still read the posts in this book for free on that site, but you can also own your own curated copy in a form that can sit on your bookshelf--whether your bookshelf is digital or physical.

Writing daily posts for my music blog has been a life-saving endeavour. I hope you'll enjoy visiting or revisiting my words in this fabulous new book!

Play It On My Radio
A Diary In Music
By Giselle Renarde

Join award-winning queer Canadian author Giselle Renarde for a year's worth of music and memories. As we listen to songs from a variety of genres, Giselle shares anecdotes about growing up in the 80s, being a teen of the 90s, and listening to the radio on those long and lonely nights in her first apartment. Accompany Giselle on a musical journey as she revisits the days of her youth through song.

From the introduction to Play It On My Radio:

My name is Giselle and I'm your new best friend. Well, maybe not "best friend." A best friend usually listens in addition to talking, but that's not me. What I will do is be here every day to share whichever song pops into my head.

Why? What's the point?

Well, here's the thing: I'm a writer. It's a pretty lonely job. Over the years, I've become increasingly socially isolated and you know what? It sucks. It sucks bad.

The truth of the matter is that a lot of us are socially isolated, these days. And not just older people—younger ones, too. There are "friendly visitor" programs for seniors, but those of us under 65 are kind of lost at sea. I speak from experience.

If you need a no-pressure visit every day, let me be your friendly visitor. I'll bring a song—whichever song pops into my head, gets stuck in my head, or seems relevant to something that day.

As a person with chronic depression, music has helped me more than anything. It's magic, I swear. I hope my little musical visits will give you something to look forward to every day, because they'll certainly do that for me.


Get the hardcover version from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09C356XW7?tag=dondes-20

Buy your digital copy now from Apple: https://books.apple.com/us/book/id1580636705
Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/ca/en/ebook/play-it-on-my-radio-a-diary-in-music
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1098514?ref=GiselleRenardeErotica

Or read it free with your Scribd subscription: https://www.scribd.com/book/519662407/Play-It-On-My-Radio-A-Diary-In-Music

Be sure to look for PLAY IT ON MY RADIO wherever you buy or read books, including your local library!

No comments:

Post a Comment