Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Quick Six TNG with G.R. Richards


1. What does "vanilla" mean to you?

G.R. Richards: In the world of erotica and erotic romance, I think of it as strictly heterosexual sex. What an old friend of mine used to call "penis-in-vagina sex." No kinks or fetishes. Probably missionary position. Characters are most likely in a committed relation. Maybe there's some tying each other to the headboard, but that's the extent of the play. I write gay erotica and erotic romance exclusively, so none of my work fits into this category...but I'm good with that.

2. Is there any moment from your life that you remember in slow motion?

G.R. Richards: YES! When I was a kid my family did Saturday morning chores. We'd take on the house room by room and hit it hard. One week we were all in the living room and my parents were working end to end dusting all the knick-knacks along the mantle. Well, on top of the mantle we had a big mirror propped up. It wasn't attached to the wall, just leaning against it. That was problematic. I don't know if it was mom or dad, but one of them must have nudged the mirror in just the wrong way because it started falling forward. THAT was a slow-motion moment: knowing the mirror was coming down and it was going to crash and shatter and there wasn't a damn thing we could do to stop it. The mirror came down and the smash was spectacular. Nobody was hurt, but I watched the expressions of horror on my parents' faces, and that was another slo-mo event. I couldn't tell if they were going to start laughing in a second, or if they'd start screaming at each other. Thank God they laughed! Well, seven years bad luck, but nothing anybody could do about it, so why not laugh?

3. What's the most unsettling movie you've ever seen?

G.R. Richards: The Ice Storm. No, The Squid and the Whale. Both. The Ice Storm--seen it? Thora Birch's teenage character tries to rape her friend's kid brother. Very uncomfortable to watch. The Squid and the Whale--I found it so unsettling to watch the younger brother masturbating by rubbing up against a bookshelf in the school library and then wiping his cum on a girl's locker.


4. If you had to get a tattoo on your face, what would you want it to look like?

G.R. Richards: A third eye. I could use some extra insight.


5. How many monkeys jumping on the bed?

G.R. Richards: Off the top of my head...I'd say...four. Not that there are monkeys on my head.


6. Which of the books or stories you've written is your favourite?

G.R. Richards: I love stories about families, especially supportive gay-friendly families. There are a lot of books about coming out and grappling with family dynamics in relation to one person's sexual identity. I prefer to write (somewhat fantastically, perhaps?) about other kinds of issues that arise within a family.

That's why I have a particular bond with my erotic romance THE BROTHERS OF HOGG'S HOLLOW. It's very much about family dynamics, and there are some hilarious kids in it. I love writing kids into a book--even I can't predict what they're going to say next!

The Brothers Of Hogg's Hollow
by G. R. Richards

ISBN-13: 978-1-60272-752-6 (Electronic)

To Fernando, family means everything. He works as the brawn of his big brother Gerry's decking business, and he lives with Gerry's family. Nothing in life could make him consider leaving his flesh and blood...except Malcolm.

Despite Gerry's rule against fraternizing with clients, Fernando can't hide his attraction to "Professor Hottie," the young classics instructor who put himself through school working in construction. When Gerry takes an impromptu vacation to save his marriage, he leaves Fernando to babysit the kids and the business.

Malcolm lends an expert hand around the jobsite and helps out around the house, but can he convince Fernando to leave his brother's home and build a life together?

Genres: Gay / Contemporary / Romantic Comedy / BDSM (Light) / Interracial / Multicultural
Heat Level: 3
Length: Novella (24k words)

Buy Link: http://amberquill.com/AmberAllure/BrothersHoggsHollow.html

No comments:

Post a Comment