Editors: Radclyffe and Katherine E. Lynch, Ph.D.
Publisher: Bold Strokes Books (http://www.boldstrokesbooks.com)
Deadline for Submissions: October 15, 2011
OMGqueer is soliciting fictional short stories about “being queer” from youth (14-24) across the nation. Use the power of fiction to tell us about coming out (or not), about dating, about sex, about what “family” means to you, etc.
OMGqueer will strive for diversity with respect to the many identity categories that fall under the queer umbrella: lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, intersex, etc. Submissions will be judged on the quality of their narratives and diversity of voices. Specific submission guidelines can be found below.
Guidelines for Submissions
- Unpublished fictional short stories
- Word count: 1500 - 5000 words
- Electronic submissions only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email header: OMGqueer_Author_Title
- The story must be attached as a .doc or .docx file.
- Email body: story title, author name, pseudonym, mailing address, phone/fax, email address, word count, SSN (if American citizen).
- Story format
- Times New Roman font, 12-point, double-spaced
- General information
- The anthology is scheduled for publication from Bold Strokes Books in Fall 2012
- Submission decisions will be provided by email by January 15, 2012
- Multiple submissions (no more than 3) accepted
- Payment: $50 and 2 contributor copies
- Please send questions to email@example.com
For more information and for updates on the anthology, please visit http://www.omgqueer.com.