Monday, December 1, 2008

Quick Six Interview with Rae Lori

Quick Six Interview with Rae Lori

1. Would you be so kind as to tell us what type of stories you write?

RL: Surely! I write fantasy, sci-fi, suspense and romance and sometimes all mixed into one pot. I love dipping my hand into different genres and seeing what stories come from them.

2. What are you reading right now?

RL: On my nightstand is The Science of Vampires by Katherine Ramsland, The Penguin Book of Vampire Stories, Occult Crimes Taskforce graphic novel and A Sentry's Touch by Vivien Dean. I'm back on my vampire kick! hehe

3. I hear music in the background…what’s playing?

RL: Oh! That's my baroque internet channel. It helps me concentrate when I need to type up my current handwritten pages. Sometimes I have a show going on in the background. But nevermind the blood curdling screams in the background. That's just for show. ;-)

4. Do you have a favourite naughty word?

RL: Yes, but I can't say it lol. Let's just say it pertains to male.

5. Is there a word or phrase that absolutely makes you cringe?

RL: Any condescending or hateful terms aiming to demean others. It just burns my cookies.

6. Be honest: What are you snacking on?

RL: A soft baked oatmeal cookie. Ooh and some Egg Nogg. Yum.

Promo time! Flog your wares. Any exciting new releases? How can readers find out more about you and your work?

RL: Woo hoo. My current release is a romantic suspense novel entitled Before Dawn Breaks. It's available from Freya's Bower. I have a few goodies in the works including an urban fantasy romance series that I just contracted that I think readers will enjoy. You check out more of my work at http://www.raelori.com and add me as a friend at myspace (http://www.myspace.com/rachelbeachgirl). Swing on by and say hello at my blog: http://raelori.blogspot.com.

Thanks for having me! :-)

I'm a big fan of the baroque too, and I find the same thing: classical music helps me concentrate when I'm writing. Thank you so much for the interview.
Cheers!
Giselle