Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Giselle's Savoury Pancake Day Recipe

Mmm.... pancakes.

For dinner this evening, I whipped up a batch of delicious savoury pancakes and they were so super-yummy I'm sharing my makeshift recipe with you. It's never too late for pancakes.

A lot of recipes I see online start with photos, so here is a picture of what Giselle's Savoury Pancake Day Pancakes look like when you're done (eating):

I probably should have taken the picture before I started eating... but now I know for next time.

Giselle's Savoury Pancake Day Pancakes


1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
fresh cracked pepper to taste (I used A LOT because I love pepper)

1 cup milk
1 egg
2 tbsp oil (I used olive oil) + more oil for frying (again, I used olive)

AND grated cheese to taste (I used probably more than a cup, and a combination of old cheddar and havarti but, again, I love cheese. You use what you want.)


1. Combine dry ingredients and add wet
2. Mix until your batter isn't lumpy
3. Fold in your cheese(s)
4. Panfry in oil at medium or low-med heat, turning once.
(Note: If you choose to fry in olive oil, take care. Olive oil can be fussy and it'll burn at high temperatures. I use it for pancakes (and grilled cheese and pretty much everything else) because it creates an incomparable crispiness and I love the taste.)
5. For the love of god, don't burn anything! (including yourself)
6. Eat and enjoy.

Woo! There you have it. I should write a cookbook.


No comments:

Post a Comment