Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Chasing Shade

I want to tell you a secret: I do nice things for authors without ever telling them.Without ever telling anyone, actually. Except I guess I'm telling you now, so scratch that.

But I verily prefer helping people quietly instead of being all like, "Look at me doing this generous thing for so-and-so! Am I great or what?"

I'll tell you about one particular nice thing, because you might want to do it for an author you care about: I knew this person was having extreme financial difficulties, so I figured out her Amazon Associates code and bought all my purchases on it so she'd get little kickbacks. Even if it's only pennies at a time, it's something--and I approach life in a very "something is better than nothing" way. I don't have much to give, but it didn't cost me anything.

Anyway, this week I'm featuring books by writers I adore. Here's why: http://donutsdesires.blogspot.com/2015/07/uncover-me.html (like I need a reason...)

Today's featured book is...



Chasing Shade
by Sommer Marsden

If she was selfish, she’d let him love her. If she was more selfish, she’d tell him that she loved him too.

Betsey’s trying to recover from a violent past that’s still haunting her. Paying emotionally for something she’s never done. She’s created a small safe life.

Archie’s homeless, jobless, living on the road and clueless as to where he’s going. Until a hair piece and gas station directions leads him to her. Then he’s just trying to hold onto his emotions as he finds himself falling hopelessly fast for the girl in the yellow uniform.

Fate is not dealing them an easy happy ride, though. They’re trying to get through one day at a time. Making it work. Chasing shade…

Available from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Chasing-Shade-Sommer-Marsden-ebook/dp/B00W0TVKDA/ref=dondes-20

No comments:

Post a Comment