Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Sweet for My Sweet

With Valentine's Day fast approaching, I knew you'd all be asking what I'm giving Sweet.

Well, anyone who was following Donuts & Desires around the holiday season will know I prefer making gifts to buying them. That's not just because I'm cheap--I mean, I am cheap, I can't deny that--but it's primarily because gifts you make yourself come from the heart. At least, that's what I believe.

I've reached a stage in life where I value time over money. While money can buy a thoughtful gift if spent wisely and not in haste, a gift made especially for the one you love is so very special because of the time and effort put into it.

So here, below, is my Valentine to my gorgeous girlfriend. It's called "i knew" and it's an original composition in the New Music genre, along with original animation that reminds me a lot of the kind of drawing a child produces for display on the refrigerator door. In other words, it's an attempt at art.
Inspired by The Happiness Project, "i knew" is an original composition exploring the melodious nature of the spoken word. Written and performed by me (Giselle Renarde...pleased to make your acquaintance), this work takes a simple but heartfelt statement and turns it into music. The composition itself is a lesbian mini-romance, complete with happy ending, and all in 29 seconds.

Okay, so the animation is a little cheesy, a little corny...but it was my first time using Pencil, so please please pretty please cut me some slack. *smile* If you stop snickering, you might find it's rather sweet.

A sweet for my Sweet...



This and other Giselle Renarde videos can be viewed at my YouTube channel, http://www.youtube.com/user/gisellerenarde

No comments:

Post a Comment