Thursday, October 1, 2009

Giving Made Easy

By now, I'm sure everyone knows that between September 15th and December 15th 2009, all profits from the sale of Giselle Renarde Erotica through the eXcessica.com website will be donated to LGBT YOUTHLINE.

What you might not know is that it's now easier than ever to give. Whether you have $2, $1, or even just 50 cents, you can make a contribution to a worthy causing using the Paypal button below. Give what you can, whatever that means to you.









This August, Bill Clinton came to Toronto to give a speech "nobody" attended. Well, since I was one of the "nobodies" who went to hear him speak, I can tell you what he had to say. We all know the economy sucks right now, and we all know how it impacts us personally. Strangely, even with all the advocacy and volunteer work I do, I hadn't considered exactly how economic troubles are affective not-for-profit organizations.

I also didn't know that Clinton heads up a global humanitarian foundation, which helps third world countries with infrastructure, HIV/AIDS, etc. He told the crowd the major impact the economic downturn has had on his foundation (in terms of fundraising) is that most of the money coming in was from large donors--large donors who have since lost money big time.

So where does the money come from when the big boys take financially ill? From US. From you and me. From the people who have $1 to spare. And I don't say one dollar metaphorically. I mean $1.

That's the approach I'm taking this year in raising funds for LGBT YOUTHLINE. The heavy hitters are out of the picture. It's falling to us now to step up and support organizations that take care of our young people.

Please give what you can. You'll have not only the appreciation of LGBT youth to warm your heart, but you'll have my personal appreciation as well.

Bright Blessings,
Thank You All,
Giselle Renarde





No comments:

Post a Comment