Monday, November 22, 2010

Secrets Behind "Secrets of the Solstice Sacrifice"

Anyone who's done a significant amount of editing (editing other people's work, I mean) will tell you the same thing: you don't walk away from the experience with glowing praise in your heart for every author, or for every book you edit. Sometimes, it's true, you fall in love with a book. That's certainly happened to me in the editing process. Sometimes, though, the experience is downright frustrating and you keep your fingers crossed that the author will never turn around and ask you, "But did you like it? Was it good?"

That said, I took it as high praise indeed when my editor, Bryn Colvin, sent me a quick email one day to let me know she'd written an article centered around my erotic fairy story, Secrets of the Solstice Sacrifice. I was stunned by the complimentary and insightful nature of her review of my work:
Renarde takes the bold move of telling her tale from an entirely faerie set of perspectives. There are no human characters to engage with. She runs with two perspectives, characters who are both sympathetic, and very clearly not human. Part of the success of this stems, I think, from her very careful language use, having elements that take her characters away from human experience without making them unreadable. No mean feat, I would say.
Read the entire article called "Visions of Faerie" at The Pagan and The Pen.

Secrets of the Solstice Sacrifice
by Giselle Renarde

Ebook ISBN: 978-1-60054-492-7
lyd Category: TransFix
Length: 45 pdf Pages / 10656 words
Rating: 3 – Erotic Romance – Spicy scenes and graphic language
Formats Available: pdf, prc, lit, zipped html, lrf, epub

When Trysta, a mixed-blood fairy engaged to another, seeks the help of the magical professor Selyf, their desire to give in to temptation mounts--particularly when Selyf realizes the only way to resolve Trysta's problem involves a sexual sacrifice on the solstice.


Giselle Renarde
Canada just got hotter!

No comments:

Post a Comment