Monday, September 12, 2011

Quick Six PRO Interview with Daisy Dunn (Part 2)

Quick Six PRO
Interview with Daisy Dunn
Part II

(If you're counting, yes there are more than 6 Q&A's today. If you're not counting...forget I said anything LOL)

Q: Have you ever encountered any unprofessional behaviours from editors, publishers or other writers, that they might not even realize are damaging?

Daisy Dunn: I have been very fortunate. I found a wonderful publishing company, Secret Cravings Publishing, and the writers there are like family. It been nothing but a wonderful experience.

Q: What do you look for in a publisher?

Daisy Dunn: First, I want my book to fit in with what they are selling and supporting. Secondly, I want good communication between the authors and the publisher. Third, I want good communication between the authors and the publisher...I can't stress that point enough, it's so important.

Q: What makes an editor great or...not so great?

Daisy Dunn: Again it comes down to great communication. If you don't agree on a change/edit, you need to talk openly with your editor. They need to hear your point, but you need to also listen to theirs. I have also lucked out with an amazing editor.

Q: Do you have a preference for short stories of longer works?

Daisy Dunn: I love them both. I write both and even though short stories are "somewhat" easier to write, with novels, you can go into so much more depth on the characters, plot and scenes. I still love to write/read both.

Q: If you've ventured into self-publishing, what are the pros and cons?

Daisy Dunn: I've never ventured into self-publishing, but my sister has. She loved it the experience and I never heard her say anything negative about it. I don't know much about self-publishing, but I think I would miss the support I get from my publisher and fellow authors at my publishing house.

Q: Do you find yourself writing for the market and not for YOU, or
self-censoring in any way?

Daisy Dunn: I totally write for me. I write exactly what I would love to read. Between the story lines and the sex scenes, I write what appeals to me and lights my fire :)

Q: How have the people in your life reacted to your career as a writer?

Daisy Dunn: Everyone has been extremely supportive and kind. They want to read my books which is wonderful, but kind of daunting. I couldn't be happier though.

Q: Any promo tips for fellow authors?

Daisy Dunn: Blog like a fiend and get together with other authors to promote each other's work. It gets your name and books out there to more people. Make friends with fellow authors because only they know what you are truly going through. :)


The Portal

Cole Evans has been in love with Gianna Thomas from the first
moment he laid eyes on her when he was a student at the University.
He pursued her relentlessly, but Gianna would not date him because
of their ten year age difference. She broke his heart when she pushed
him away for good, afraid to be known as a Cougar.

Five years later, Cole is now twenty-nine years old and is ready to fight
for Gianna. Before he does, he takes one more trip through the portal
he created into the alternate universe he has stumbled across. He has
been chosen as a guard for the ruling queen of this world and is
shocked when he sees that one of the prisoners is Gianna. He needs
to get her out of this place, away from the hungry gaze of the queen
and into his arms once and for all.


It can be purchased at:
http://www.secretcravingspublishing.com/DaisyDunn.html

No comments:

Post a Comment