Monday, April 7, 2008

A SNOWBANK IS NOT A GARBAGE CAN

Ah, April in Canada. Looking out my window, I still see some snow on the ground. Mostly mud, but some snow as well.

As I walked down my street (or indeed any street) throughout the winter, I was astounded to see that every snowbank had some garbage thrown into it. This picture was taken a few weeks ago. Now that most of the snow along the roads has melted, the curbside is full of mushy trash.

See all of those snowbanks? They were full of garbage. Those beautiful, natural, white (okay, grey) mounds of virgin snow were full of garbage!!! Every snowfall, the roads got plowed and all those lazy littering bastards out there threw their coffee cups on the snowbanks. Then it snowed again and that garbage got buried under more snow. And on and on and on all winter.

Seriously, how hard is it to put garbage in a garbage can? It doesn't belong in the snow.