Monday, September 15, 2008

Quick Six Interview with E.D. Beale

Quick Six
Interview with E.D. Beale

1. Would you be so kind as to tell us what type of stories you write?

I write fantasy, dark fantasy, and sci-fi erotica.

2. What are you reading right now?

Recently I've started re-reading (for the billionth time) The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop. It's my favorite series of all time and it's good for inspiration. Well, reading that and Cosmo...

3. I hear music in the background...what's playing?

Well, my friends call it elevator music, but I'm really into Celtic, World, and New Age music.

4. Do you have a favourite naughty word?

Fuck...Fuckidy-fuck-fuck-fuck. It just rolls off the tongue.

5. Is there a word or phrase that absolutely makes you cringe?

Pussy. I don't know why, but I can't bring myself to ever use that word despite writing the naughty stories.

6. Be honest: What are you snacking on?

Though, I totally shouldn't since I'm a diabetic, I've been snacking on Safeway brand Peanut Butter Clusters. Hey, sometimes the cheap stuff is fantastic!

Promo time! Flog your wares. Any exciting new releases? How can readers find out more about you and your work?

Well, my very first published story is being released on eXcessica on Sept. 8th. It's a sci-fi erotic romance short called Decontamination. There's a lot of other stuff that I'm working on right now and I keep an update on everything I'm doing at my blog (http://edbeale.info). I even have a few quickie stories there for fun, so check those out, too.

Ah, yes. Fuck. I came to the word later in life, but it's been dear to my heart ever since. Fuck you, fuck off, or--my favourite--fuck me.
Thanks for your granting Donuts & Desires an interview!
gigi