Monday, November 24, 2008

Quick Six Interview with Jane Toombs

Quick Six
Interview with Jane Toombs

1. Hi Jane! Would you be so kind as to tell us what type of stories you write?

My favorite type is paranormal romance, but I also write historical, contemporary, Regency and fantasy romance. Plus a bit of horror.

2. What are you reading right now?

Aliens and Alien Societies: A writer's guide to creating extraterrestrial life-forms by Stanley Schmidt.

3. I hear music in the background…what’s playing?

A CD of Big Band Themes. (I go waaay back.)

4. Do you have a favourite naughty word?

One I say out loud? Sh-t.

5. Is there a word or phrase that absolutely makes you cringe?

Yeah, I never got used to fu-k being used as casual slang. That's not to say if I'm writing about some character that would use it I don't write it. But I hate to hear it said aloud.

6. Be honest: What are you snacking on?

A cup of decaf tea. Honest.

Promo time! Flog your wares. Any exciting new releases? How can readers find out more about you and your work?

At my website: www.JaneToombs.com Or at: www.JewelsoftheQuill,com where I'm one of 12 authors who work together to promote one another and also write anthologies. My latest book is my North Of Nonesuch Series of paranormal romances published by: www.whiskeycreekpress.com (North Of Nonesuch being where weird might happen--and usually does.)

Oooh...I'll definitely look into your paranormal work. The paranormal is a twenty-year-old interest of mine that has just started to re-emerge. It's sneaking its way into my writing, and now into my choice of reading material too.
Thanks so much for the interview!
Giselle