Monday, February 16, 2009

Quick Six Interview with Jaye Valentine and Reno MacLeod

Quick Six
Interview with Jaye Valentine and Reno MacLeod


1. Hello Jaye and Reno! Would you be so kind as to tell us what type of stories you write?

Reno: We write collaborative works of gay male urban fantasy and BDSM, mostly. We write both erotica and erotic romance. We tend to have a bit of a darker side than most and really enjoy taking a story through twists and turns.

Jaye: What Reno said.


2. What are you reading right now?

Reno: I'm currently reading "World War Z" by Max Brooks

Jaye: "Angels & Demons" by Dan Brown.


3. I hear music in the background…what's playing?

Reno: National Treasure soundtrack

Jaye: Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus"


4. Do you have a favorite naughty word?

Reno: Ass. I know it isn't all that dirty, I just like it.

Jaye: You don't want to know my real answer, but sometimes it's just the right word. In lieu of that, I'll say "dick."


5. Is there a word or phrase that absolutely makes you cringe?

Reno: "Not to throw you under the bus, but…" Way, way overused.

Jay: Yes-- "ever so (insert any -ly adverb here)." It gives me the hives.


6. Be honest: What are you snacking on?

Reno: It's actually noon here, so I'm lunching, not snacking. Today I've got a ham and swiss cheese sandwich that Jaye made me, two tangerines and animal crackers. Yeah, it is like a little kid's lunch.

Jay: My 5th cup of black coffee.

Promo time! Flog your wares. Any exciting new releases? How can readers find out more about you and your work?

At the moment we don't have an official website, but we have all of our new release and other info over at LiveJournal:

http://reno-macleod.livejournal.com/

http://jaye-valentine.livejournal.com/

We have several books coming out over the next 2 months:

"StarCrossed 2: Opposite Ends of the Spectrum"
Warnings: m/m sex, angel/demon
Release date: Saturday, January 24, 2009 with Torquere Press
http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1618

"Soft Focus"
Warnings: This title contains graphic language, m/m sex, bdsm and attempted rape.
Release date: Monday, January 26, 2009 with eXcessica
http://excessica.com/index.php/books/soft-focus-by-jaye-valentine-and-reno-macleod/

"StarCrossed 2-1/2: Sangria and Seraphim"
Warnings: m/m sex, twincest, angel/demon
Release Date: Monday, February 2, 2009
http://excessica.com/index.php/books/starcrossed-sangria-and-seraphim-by-reno-macleod-and-jaye-valentine/


Reno MacLeod and Jaye Valentine are freelance writers currently based in a small New England town famous for producing bungee cords and a notorious ax murderess. Writing erotica and erotic horror stories are Jaye's primary endeavors, while Reno works in video production when he isn't pounding the keyboard. They live with two adorably evil cats named Anakin and Sephiroth.

What is it about cats that generates an instantaneous feeling of affinity? Many, many people have cats, and yet every time somebody mentions "my cats" my heart flutters and I respond, "You have cats? I have cats!" It's really not that huge a coincidence and yet, Jaye, Reno, Anakin and Sephiroth, I feel it necessary to mention that I also have two cats. They are bilingual and they sleep on my head.
Thanks for the interview!
Giselle Renarde

1 comment:

  1. This was fun, and reading it after the fact I see how much it really does say a lot about both of us.

    I'm just trying to figure out if that's a good thing or not...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete