Monday, November 16, 2009

Quick Six Interview with Jacqueline Applebee


1. Hi Jacqueline! Thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions. First off, what types of stories do you write?

JA: I write erotic romances. I write all flavours including Queer and Interracial.

2. What are you reading right now?

JA: I've just bought "Speaking sex to power" by Patrick Califa. I'm also reading "Gilgamesh" which is fantastic!

3. I hear music in the background…what's playing?

JA: Oh dear, it's the Fontanelles, playing 'Kiss-Kicker' which unfortunately sounds like 'Pig-Licker' I first heard it on the MST3K episode, 'Hobgoblins'

4. Do you have a favourite naughty word?

JA: Don't tell anyone, but I seem to say the word 'Bollocks to that!' an awful lot. My work mates are not impressed...

5. Is there a word or phrase that absolutely makes you cringe?

JA: "Girl Power." Calling a grown woman a girl is not empowering in any way.

6. Be honest: What are you snacking on?

JA: Apple pie and orange juice. Not very exciting, but I feel a cold coming on, so I'm in need of lots of Vitamin C

7. Promo time! Any exciting new releases? How can readers find out more about you and your work?

JA: "Battle Cry: Sweet Pet 2" will be released with Shadowfire Press on 20th November. To find out more about my work, please pop by my website at http://www.writing-in-shadows.co.uk There are plenty of stories to read, with something for everyone!

Jacqueline Applebee
http://www.writing-in-shadows.co.uk
Breaking down barriers with smut.

Yes, "Girl Power" has a tad too much of a Spice Girls tinge to it to be in any way appealing to me. I don't much appreciate being called a "girl," much less a "lady." I'm a semi-butch bitch. There's nothing ladylike about me. I'd rather be addressed as a "woman" or a "person" or, better yet, a "radical feminist." Lady? Hardly.
Thanks for the interview!
Cheers,
gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment