Monday, March 24, 2008

A NEWSPAPER BOX IS NOT A GARBAGE CAN

This is the image that started it all.

Every time I walk by this newspaper box, it's cluttered with coffee cups.  Coffee cups go in the garbage, not on a newspaper box.  

I'm guessing people think, "I'm a good person.  I'm setting my garbage on something instead of throwing it on the ground."  Just because you don't throw it directly on the ground doesn't mean you're not littering.  

Let's take a look at the photo evidence.  I took this picture in the afternoon.  See all those coffee cups on the sidewalk?  Those coffee cups were on the newspaper box when I walked by it that morning.  There's this thing called the wind and it's quite capable of blowing a paper cup onto the ground.

There's a garbage can right around the corner from this newspaper box too.  Argh.