Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm Ba-a-a-a-ack and Happy Holiday!


Hi everybody!

I'm back from a very restful vacation--one week at the lake, one week at the girlfriend's house--and my cats have never been more affectionate. Whoever said cats don't miss you when you're a way is a dirty rotten liar. (Hugs to my sister for taking care of the hairball twins!)

Well, it's time to get back to writing, promoting, editing, revising, submitting, and all the good stuff an author has on her To Do list.

Bah!

It's so hard to get back into work mode after two weeks of barely looking in the direction of a computer screen. I spent most of this morning in front of the Mac with a pair of scissors in hand, trimming my split ends. After revising three pages of a manuscript due today, I called my mother and we engaged in an hour's worth of mutual procrastination. She had work she was trying not to do as well.

And, anyway, today is a holiday here in Canada. It's a weird non-mandatory holiday called:

  • CIVIC HOLIDAY in Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Nunavut
  • NEW BRUNSWICK DAY in New Brunswick
  • NATAL DAY in Nova Scotia and PEI
  • SASKATCHEWAN DAY in Saskatchewan
  • BRITISH COLUMBIA DAY in BC
With all those holidays going on today, why should I have to work? Right? Right..? Okay, I know what you're thinking: "Get to work you lazy bastard!" That's what I'm telling myself too. So, I'll quit procrastinating here with you and get writing.

Hope you enjoyed the mini-lesson in unofficial Canadian holidays!

Hugs,
Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment