Sunday, June 20, 2010

LGBT YOUTHLINE and YOU

'Cause sometimes you just need someone to talk to.

Those who've been following me for a while may recall that for the past couple years I've donated all my fourth quarter income from e-book sales to a great organization called LGBT YOUTHLINE.

LGBT YOUTHLINE provides queer-positive, non-judgmental peer support to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, transgender, 2-spirit, queer and questioning youth. LGBT YOUTHLINE offers free services through its toll-free phone number, by email and instant messenger. For more information on this worthy cause, visit their website.


There are so many reasons I believe in what LGBT YOUTHLINE's doing--not the least of which is the range of media by which they offer services. Being available to LGBT youth via instant messenger and email is less restrictive and more anonymous, which is something today's youth seem to value. (hahaha...like I don't choose e-mail over telephone myself!)

This year, I want to launch a similar campaign in the fourth quarter. Just a few tweaks. In years past, I haven't had all that much work on the market. When I started my campaign last September, I think I had four e-books available. Now I have well over fifteen. The bigger change is that in years past I've had personal income from day jobs. Now it's all writing, baby. This sounds like "excuses, excuses," even to me, but realistically this year we're going to have to pick and choose which books we should donate royalties from.

Yes, I said WE.

And WE includes YOU.


It's pride month--perfect time to make a democratic decision about which of my books will help support LGBT youth.

For those who aren't clear on how my LGBT YOUTHLINE campaigns work, it's super simple: You guys buy my books during a given time period (this year it'll most likely be October 1-December 31 2010, but details to be confirmed), and then I donate the royalties I earn on those purchases to LGBT YOUTHLINE. See? Super, super easy!

So, which books will it be this year? There are so many to choose from! I'm including a list of my works currently on the market in this post (below) and all these titles are linked so you can click and find out more about them. I've also classified them as les (lesbian), bi (bisexual), TG (transgender), het (heterosexual) for quick reference. When you decide which title(s) you'd like to see me donate royalties from, go over to the poll at the sidebar of my blog (over to your right. See it?) and vote!

Okay, ready for my books? Here are the titles you can choose from:

All in a Valentine Day's Work (bi)
A Mistress' Christmas (het)
Audrey & Lawrence (het)
Beneath the Ice (bi)
Cocktales (multiple anthologies)
Cunning Little Vixens (bi)
Faithful John and the Dungeon Ravens (het)
Kandinsky's Shirt Button (TG/het)
Leslie Goosemoon Rides Again (TG/les)
Ondine (bi)
Red Satin (TG/les)
Spring Fever (TG/les)
Sweetheart Rolando (het)
Tangled Roots (het)
The Birthday Gift (bi)
The Little Burlesque House by the Sea (bi/les)
Third Rail (TG/bi)
Waxing is for Pussies (les)

Whew! What a list. Please, take an opportunity to peruse the links above or check out all my titles at my website, www.gisellerenarde.webs.com, and vote in the sidebar. I'm not just yanking you when I say I'm relying on your input. And, to that end, if you've got any broad sweeping ideas, feel free to leave a comment.

Okay. Get voting!

Thank you all!
Hugs,
Giselle Renarde
Canada just got hotter!

No comments:

Post a Comment