Monday, August 9, 2010

Quick Six TNG with M. King


1. What does "vanilla" mean to you?

MK: As an automatic word association, homemade crème brulee with caramelized toasted almonds, i.e.: just because it’s plain doesn’t mean it isn’t good. ;-)


2. Is there any moment from your life that you remember in slow motion?

MK: Some of them. In retrospect, they’re usually the ones just before something went horribly wrong. Then again, I often feel like I’m living in slow motion.


3. What's the most unsettling movie you've ever seen?

MK: Ring – the Hideo Nakata version. Pretty damn creepy. I also got very freaked out by the 2004 remake of Stepford Wives, but for totally different reasons. *grin*


4. If you had to get a tattoo on your face, what would you want it to look like?

MK: Hmm. Depends where it is. Does getting my eyebrows tattooed count? If not, probably a blackwork lotus. I’m currently working on some custom flash that’s going on my shoulder/arm, but my local artist doesn’t do ‘public’ skin.


5. How many monkeys jumping on the bed?

MK: Eleven. And they’re making a terrible mess. They better get back in the basement and get on with forging that lost Shakespeare folio, that’s all I can say…


6. Which of the books or stories you've written is your favourite?

MK: Ooh, tough. Everything’s my favourite at the point I’m writing it, because I get so involved with my characters, but I think I’ll go for Travellers’ Tales.

This is a collection of short stories inspired by Romany folklore, but given a decidedly different romantic twist. Intricate and lushly told, each of the five stories harks back to the turn of the twentieth century, and follows a young gypsy lad as he’s tested by different aspects of a strange, often supernatural world, in which only love – more particularly, the love of an another man – can redeem him.

The volume is available in paperback (with each story also available separately in ebook format), and the stories cover a range of subjects and themes. There are devilish pacts, cursed shapeshifters, enchanted princes…and lots of elements from the old myths of English and European travellers.

Genre: M/M, Romance, Fantasy, Historical, Short Stories,

Buy link (Amazon.com): http://www.amazon.com/dp/1600544487?tag=loveyoudivine-20&camp=14573&creative=327641&linkCode=as1&creativeASIN=1600544487&adid=150BG8X8Z510X5BV7B6F&

Find out more (and read excerpts of all the stories): http://www.thenakednib.com/?p=63

Thanks!
M. King

www.thenakednib.com

1 comment:

  1. Mmm...crème brulée...no, that takes more effort than I can muster at the moment, but I am tempted to make chocolate chip cookies for dinner. Sweet will shoot me--she's always scolding me for my poor eating habits--but hell, if she wants me to eat better, she can cook for me. I always eat very well at her house. She's a better cook than I am. Well, maybe I could whip up a curry tonight before my cookies. Or pasta and salad. That's easy. Yeah, I'll do that.

    Oh, I'm sorry. I'm responding to an interview, aren't I? See what happens when I don't eat all day? I go off on tangents.

    To prevent any more, I'll just say thank you and go make dinner.

    Thank you for the interview!

    Giselle Renarde
    Canada just got hotter!

    ReplyDelete