Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Another Upcoming Trans Erotica Anthology!


Guess what? The wonderfully super-amazing Tristan Taormino tracked me down a few months ago and asked me if I had anything to contribute to an anthology of trans and genderqueer erotica she was putting together for Cleis Press.

I just got word today that my story The Therapist and The Whore made it through the editing process and will be appearing in Tristan's book Take Me There: Trans and Genderqueer Erotica
(You can pre-order it now, but you'll have to wait until October 2011 to get your hands on a copy! *bites nails* Can't wait!)

My story in this antho is an original and never before published, and honestly, it's one of my absolute favourites in the genre. I've read it countless times and I never get sick of it. (Yeah, yeah...it's my baby...I know!)

Manny never tells anyone the full truth. Her therapist Liesl doesn't know she's started binding her tits and stopped correcting people when they call her "sir." Her girlfriend Danica doesn't know she's been cheating with a transsexual prostitute named Star. Manny won't even ask herself why she loves sucking and fucking when she identifies as a butch dyke. With intense emotional attachments to a girlfriend, a therapist, and a whore, Manny's situation is complex. She can't juggle these three women anymore.



Take Me Thereis a passion project for Tristan Taormino, who presents erotica by, for, and about transfolk, FTMs, MTFs, genderqueers, gender outlaws, as well as two-spirit, intersex, and gender-variant people in her newest anthology. Among the diverse array of voices inTake Me There, one important theme running throughout the stories is the power of seeing and being seen. It’s not simply about passing, but about being acknowledged and desired in a sexual context. Affirmation and want collide in Andrea Zanin’s story of a baby butch dyke and the transwoman she picks up in a small-town cafĂ©. Likewise, the main character in Helen Boyd’s “All Girl Action” longs to be touched as a woman by other queer women. The characters of these stories are ready and willing to go there — and they do, over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment