Monday, January 25, 2010

Interview with Kiernan Kelly


1. Hi Kiernan! Would you be so kind as to tell us what type of stories you write?

KK: I write gay romance in almost every genre – historical, contemporary, paranormal...you name it and I’ve probably written at least one story in it. I currently have seven novels and a plethora of shorter works available.

2. What are you reading right now?

KK: At the moment, I’m re-reading Lisa Marie Moning’s Highlander series. Fabulous stuff, even if it is straight romance. LOL

3. I hear music in the background…what's playing?

KK: Well, now, that depends on my mood. Since its Christmas time, you’re probably hearing “The Twelve Pains of Christmas,” from the Dr. Demento’s Twisted Christmas CD. Or maybe its Glen Miller’s “String of Pearls,” or Pink’s “I’m Not Dead.” I’m pretty eclectic when it comes to music. I listen to almost everything.

4. Do you have a favourite naughty word?

KK: If you mean what do I use most often on the rare occasions (yeah, right!) when I lose my temper or get frustrated, then it’s usually “freaking,” or “frigging,” although I’ve been known to drop the “F” bomb now and then. I also say “crap.” A lot.

5. Is there a word or phrase that absolutely makes you cringe?

KK: “Greased love pole.” Seriously. I’ve seen it used it stories, and nothing will ruin a love scene for me quicker than that particular phrase.

6. Be honest: What are you snacking on?

KK: Quiche. I make these little quiches in a muffin pan for special treats for my family. They’re exceptionally easy, quick, and tasty. All you do is combine sixteen ounces of ricotta cheese, ham cubes, six eggs, and a cup of shredded cheddar in a bowl. Then you line the muffin tins with one-half of a Pillsbury Flaky Biscuit (you know, the kind that come in the roll you have to smack against the counter to open), preheat the oven to 350, spoon the quiche mixture over the biscuits, and bake for about twenty five minutes. Yummy.

Promo time! Flog your wares. Any exciting new releases? How can readers find out more about you and your work?

KK: Readers can find a list of all my available work at my website, www.KiernanKelly.com. At the moment, I’m working on a half dozen projects, and I have several releases upcoming, including a Single Shot from Torquere Press called “Skywalker.” It’s the story of a Native American steel worker.


You guys are cracking me up these days with the cringe-inducing naughty words. Last week it was "smegma" and today "greased love pole." That's one I have never had the misfortune of encountering in the world of erotic fiction--lucky me!

Thanks for the interview--and the quiche recipe! In my 20's I found a quiche recipe on the back of a Bisquick box. That was my go-to for years because it was sinfully simple, but I think I'm past it now.

Thanks again!
Giselle Renarde

No comments:

Post a Comment