Monday, January 11, 2010

Quick Six Interview with C.T. Piatt

1. Hi C.T. Thanks for granting me an interview! Would you be so kind as to tell us what type of stories you write?

CTP: I write paranormal, fantasy, and contemporary erotica, mostly M/M. Most of them have a happy ending, though life isn’t always easy getting there..

2. What are you reading right now?

CTP: I tend not to read when I write, at most I’ll skim a book I’ve read before. Last books read/skimmed were; Tangled sheets by Michael Thomas Ford, Encyclopedia of signs and symbols, Hammerfall by C.J. Cherryh, and the giant book of werewolves edited b Stephen Jones.

3. I hear music in the background…what' s playing?

CTP: Metalica; Wherever I May Roam – it matches my current character.

4. Do you have a favourite naughty word?

CTP: Cock, dick, penis.

5. Is there a word or phrase that absolutely makes you cringe?

CTP: Nothing specific, just hate it when an author repeats the same phrase many times in a story. Oh, and any phrase that includes his ‘manstick’, the penis is more beautiful that a stick.

6. Be honest: What are you snacking on?

CTP: Nothing. Truthfully. *grins* just had breakfast.

Promo time! Flog your wares. Any exciting new releases? How can readers find out more about you and your work?

Ghillie Dhu at Torquere Press

http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=236&products_id=2191

Years ago, Euan MacKenzie had an encounter with a strange creature and part of him has been in its thrall ever since. Ghillie Dhu is never far from Euan's thoughts, and Euan longs to be back in the heart of the forest. But wishing for the attention of a force of nature is never wise and Euan may not fare well when he finds out why.

Taste Test – Artistically Yours – Solitude of the Photo at Torquere Press

http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=236&products_id=1745__._,_.___

In Solitude of the Photo, by C.T. Piatt, Jonah makes decent money taking photos, but he's never has he done a model's portfolio. Until Michael asks him. The photos torment Jonah, long after he's completed the shoot, and only when he sees Michael with his wife, happily spending time at an event, does Jonah swear to forget. So when Michael turns up at his door, magazine in hand Jonah, has no idea what to do.

I was just thinking that there are far more terms for "penis" than there are for "vagina" in the erotic sphere. I often feel very limited, especially if I'm writing a piece where the tone doesn't allow for the use of "cunt." I feel like it's just "pussy, pussy, pussy" again and again. Not that I'm opposed to that much pussy *wink* but, as you say, one grows weary of repetition. At the same time, I worry about falling into purple prose if I stray too far from the beaten path. (Ooh..."beaten path"...maybe I've found just the term I was looking for! LOL.)

If anybody has any really hot un-purple-prose-y euphemisms, please let us hear them!

C.T. Piatt, thank you so much for the interview!

Cheers,

Giselle Renarde


No comments:

Post a Comment