Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Attention Authors: Call for Submissions! "Uniform Behaviour"

Hello my lovelies! I came across this call for submissions from fellow author Lucy Felthouse and, with permission to forward granted, figured I'd pass it along! The following comes directly from her blog:

Uniform Behaviour
Steamy stories about men and women in uniform

Editor: Lucy Felthouse
Publisher: Um… me!
Deadline: 30th September 2010
Payment: To be determined – details below

I’ve wanted to edit an anthology for some time, but the right opportunity has never presented itself. So I thought, what the hell, I’ll do it myself! And what better subject matter for this erotic anthology than uniforms? It’s one of my favourite fantasies, and one I know many share.

I’m looking for heterosexual stories about men and women in uniform to be put into an eBook anthology. I want all kinds of uniforms, in varying scenarios. There can be one character in uniform or many, just as long as your story is erotic! I want to get seriously hot under the collar whilst reading your submissions. That’s it, really. Let your imaginations go wild!

Please stick to the usual rules, i.e. no underage sex, no non-consensual scenes, incest, bestiality and other yucky stuff. No poetry, please.

I will to select 25 stories for this anthology and then split the proceeds equally, dependent on what I receive from each outlet after they take their cut. I’d also like to donate money to Help for Heroes, a UK charity set up to help those wounded in current conflict. I see this working by effectively making the charity a 26th person. They’ll get the same cut as everyone else, which I’ll pay to them when the cash has hit a certain threshold (similarly to how authors will be paid).

You’ll have to bear with me on the nitty-gritty, as I haven’t done anything like this before, but I’m very excited about the project and can’t wait to see it come together. I’ll be submitting the eBook to Smashwords (and as a result will be pushing this out to Apple’s iBooks, the Sony Reader Store, Kobo and Barnes & Noble) 1RomanceEbooks and Amazon Kindle. If any of you have any other suggestions for sites which sell independent eBooks, please let me know on your submission email. I will endeavour to submit to them all. Naturally, the more outlets, the better!

When the eBook is released, any help on marketing and spreading the word will be gratefully received. I’d like to make this a success, for the sake of the lovely writers who are contributing, and for the brave servicemen and women who are currently at war.

How to submit: Send double-spaced Arial/Calibri 12 point black font Word or RTF document. Your story should be 1,500 – 4,000 words. Please indent the first line of each paragraph half an inch. Please include your word count, real name, pen name (if applicable), and 50 word or less bio in third person. I’ll also require the email address you use for your PayPal account, as this is how I will be paying you when I have myself received funds. You can submit as many stories as you like – within reason!

Please send your completed story to lucy (at) lucyfelthouse (dot) co (dot) uk. In the subject line, please write Submission for Uniform Behaviour, along with the title of your story and the uniform/s involved. I look forward to reading your stories! Closing date is 30th September. Providing I’m not totally swamped with stories, I’ll do my best to come back to you by the end of October. Any questions should also be directed to this email address.

ALSO: Please spread the word! Feel free to post this call on your own blogs/sites, Tweet about it, Facebook it, anything! The more the merrier!

No comments:

Post a Comment