Monday, July 26, 2010

Quick Six TNG with Vivian Vincent



1. Hi Vivian! First question: What does "vanilla" mean to you?

Safe, sweet romance with minimal explicit detail. More sensual than erotic love scenes.

2. Is there any moment from your life that you remember in slow motion?
Oddly enough, I remember when I was 3, I was hit by a car on Easter Sunday. We were at my great grandmother's house before going to my aunt's house for Easter dinner and my mom and dad told me and my brother to head to the car. We'd both been taught to stop and look both ways before crossing the road. Of course, I did, but (and I forgot to mention this) it was pouring down rain so visibility was limited. Heck, I was only 3 and the car I saw I thought was parked, but it wasn't. Thankfully he was moving slow enough to only give me minor injuries (and ruin my brand new Easter dress) on my chin, arms and legs (still got a scar on my right elbow!) My parents were hysterical, but what parents wouldn't be? I do remember the driver apologizing profusely, worried I'd been hurt worse and accompanying us to the hospital. Yeah, that whole event still replays in slow motion in my head to this day and it was nearly 40 years ago. (Oops, I just gave away my age! haha)

3. What's the most unsettling movie you've ever seen?
Leaving Las Vegas. Yes, an unusual choice, but I found myself yelling "ENOUGH ALREADY!" to Nicolas Cage's character quite a few times throughout the movie. Also, the first Final Destination movie. I saw that one in the theater and I found myself constantly looking over my shoulder afterwards.

4. If you had to get a tattoo on your face, what would you want it to look like?
If I HAD to? Well, I don't know. Something small (and hopefully relatively painless) Maybe a rose or something simple.

5. How many monkeys jumping on the bed?

None at the moment, I just tossed some bananas to them if they promised to behave! :)

6. Which of the books or stories you've written is your favourite?

Timeless Love Book 1: Reflections of a Stranger. (http://excessica.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=331&osCsid=8dcc3269a11b9beef7900e63e40cd59a)

Blurb:

Kenny Rosnoski finds himself having dreams of a beautiful young woman. He feels a connection to her and can't explain it because he's sure they've never met.

When he inherits an old house from his grandmother after her death, he decides to renovate it and discovers an old mirror in a room he'd never been in. After he sees the same woman from his dreams in his room, he goes to investigate, only to discover the mirror is a portal to another time and the woman is most definitely real--and living 150 years in the past!

Annica Miller was treated more like a servant than a daughter by her own mother. She spends time in her room to try and escape her mother's harsh treatment. When she discovers the magic of the mirror in her room, she uses it as a way to hide away from her own life. Little does she know she'll meet the man of her dreams--a man who lives 150 years in the future!

Thanks for the interview, Vivian! A significant number of authors have mentioned a car accident in answer to the "slow motion" question. Evil cars! ;-)

I hope you're enjoying great sales with "Reflections of a Stranger." It sounds like a great book! The blurb reminded me of a novella I wrote called "The Rococo Room" about a girl who enters the world of a painting and finds the man of her dream inside. Mine doesn't come out until...hmm...May of next year? Oh, it's so long to wait!

Thanks again!
Giselle Renarde
Canada just got hotter!

No comments:

Post a Comment