Monday, July 19, 2010

Quick Six TNG with Barrie Abalard


1. Hi Barrie! First off, what does "vanilla" mean to you?

Boring, missionary-position only sex, "tab A into slot B". Not that the missionary position is bad... just that I don't like to be limited to it, or limited to sex where there's no BDSM, spanking, chocolate syrup, risk of discovery, etc. ;-) To me, limitations are vanilla.

2. Is there any moment from your life that you remember in slow motion?

My bad car accident in 1996. I will never forget it, though at times I wish I could. Contrary to popular belief, my life did not pass before my eyes. I was simply pissed that I thought I would die without having lived to do everything I wanted!


3. What's the most unsettling movie you've ever seen?

Kubrick's "A Clockwork Orange." Brilliant, but quite disturbing. A great commentary on violence in society and "the government giveth, the government taketh away..."


4. If you had to get a tattoo on your face, what would you want it to look like?

Umm, a beauty mark? Something as small as possible! (I don't really want a tattoo on my face--I prefer a more private location, like maybe under the fold of my butt...)


5. How many monkeys jumping on the bed?

None. Once monkeys are jumping, they'll start throwing excrement at any time. Though monkeys can be fun at times. (Cue Jonathan Coulton's "My Monkey." Coulton's one of my faves.)


6. Which of the books or stories you've written is your favourite?

"Love on the Air", possibly the world's worst title but I never could think of anything better. (Sometimes I suck at titles, LOL.) I love the characters, especially Warren, the radio station's engineer. Now there's a hard man who would be good to find! It's told in a somewhat disjointed fashion on purpose (I was trying out an edgy story-telling technique--I like avant-garde, so sue me), but I still love it. Writing it was pure joy--it has geeks and radio in it, two of my favorite things, along with lots of spanking and anal play, some of it quite harsh, merging into pain slut territory. Not your traditional erotic romance, but I love writing quirky tales.


LOVE ON THE AIR

Anne Bailey is recovering from twenty-plus years of unhappy marriage to Harold Leibovich, the man whom she'd thought was her soul mate back at MIT. After Anne relocates from Boston to work at Georgia radio station WTPD as its program director, she finds plenty of spanking, submission, and love-making with software guru Ron Gibbs, a man with his own sad romance in his past. But Anne's fellow employee Warren Clay, WTPD's funny, brilliant chief engineer, manages to work his way into Anne's heart, even though loving him means one of them will have to work elsewhere. Will Anne choose Warren (who has his own secret past), Ron, or Harold, the ex who shows up on her doorstep with a proposition?

Mature subject matter for adults only.44,390 words.

OMG I suck at titles too! (Though "Love on the Air" doesn't sound sucky to me) With titles, I find I either have to have the brilliant title before I write the story (often before I even conceptualize the story) or else the brilliant title never comes. It really is defeating to write fifteen, twenty, forty thousand words and not be able to find those two to five perfect words to sum it all up. Argh!
Also...three cheers for spanking and anal play!!!
Thanks for the interview,
Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment