Monday, October 20, 2008

Quick Six Interview with Rick Laurie

Quick Six
Interview with Rick Laurie

1. Would you be so kind as to tell us what type of stories you write?

I like to write in every kind of genre, but, specifically, I like to write young adult fiction in a horror/mystery format. I have finished a novel titled The Boy in the Window about a fourteen-year-old girl solving a twenty-five-year-old murder. I am trying to get that published. I’m also about half way through another young adult novel titled The Book That Came True. This book is about a group of four teenagers who are reading a book assignment for English class, find out the book is really happening and they must figure out how to stop the inevitable ending.

2. What are you reading right now?

I’m reading Be Cool by Elmore Leonard. Prior to that I was totally immersed in Cormac McCarthy.

3. I hear music in the background…what’s playing?

More than likely Sting. Hold on. Yep, that’s it. A live version titled All This Time, right after the 9/11 tragedy.

4. Do you have a favorite naughty word?

Pussy. I can’t help it. If there ever was a perfect descriptive, that’s it.

5. Is there a word or phrase that absolutely makes you cringe?

“You’re such an asshole!” If my wife says that to me one more time…

6. Be honest: What are you snacking on?

Reese Pieces. Better than sex? Well, pretty fucking close.

Yes, Reese's Pieces have the whole sweet-and-salty thing going for them...mmm...just like melty chocolate on sweaty skin. Ahem. And I completely agree: I love pussy too. lol. Thanks for the interview!
gigi