Monday, August 26, 2013

Well, Blow Me Down!

I never expected this to happen.  Never in a million years.

Last week, when I clicked the Amazon link to my trans lesbian romance "Friday Night Lipstick," I got quite a shock.  It was charting: #77 in Lesbian Romance.

Wow!

I'm the first to acknowledge that my transgender romance stories are niche products.  I write them because they deserve to be written.  I write them because they reflect my relationship with my girlfriend, who is trans.  I write them because she told me long ago that she found erotica involving transgender characters very frustrating--fetishistic in a way she found toxic and insulting.  I wanted to write fiction with trans characters and include erotic content she could relate to.

Essentially, I write trans fiction for trans people.  The market isn't huge.  I know that.  And that's why I was so blown away to see this little book in the top 100 lesbian romances on Amazon.

The other reason I was so shocked to see Friday Night Lipstick charting is that my leading ladies are both over fifty.  I didn't think a romance involving women in the 50+ age group would have much appeal, but I couldn't make them younger.  My characters tell me their stories.  You can't make this stuff up.  And when they tell you how old they are, you can't say, "No you're not."

I'm blown away and elated that my little trans book has been so successful... and it's all thanks to you!

Much love to everyone who has purchased a copy of Friday Night Lipstick.

If you'd like to read the first chapter, it's available to read for free right now at D. Renee Bagby Presents First Chapters:  http://drb1stchp.com/2013/08/friday-night-lipstick-by-giselle-renarde/

Get it charting again at Amazon, right here:
http://www.amazon.com/Lipstick-Transgender-Lesbian-Romance-ebook/dp/B00EH4BBGW/ref=dondes-20

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Giselle - love the niche you're writing for, love that you have characters over fifty - now I'm gonna have to go buy the book!

    ReplyDelete