Monday, September 26, 2011

Quick Six PRO with Jean Joachim

This one's a two-parter! Stay tuned for the second half of this interview next week:

Quick Six PRO
Interview with Jean Joachim

Q: What's hot on the market these days?
Paranormal seems to me to be cooling a little though it is still hot. Erotic romance is hot now, but there are always readers looking for contemporary and historical romances, too.

Q: What's the most time-consuming part of a writer's life?
It's a tossup between promotion and writing, though writing usually takes up the most time, as it should. That includes editing, re-writing and researching.

Q: On the topic of ebook piracy, hunter or head in the sand?
I tend to be head-in-the-sand because I am so busy writing new books right now. I'm too new to worry about that.

Q: What should a writer's priority be?
Writing, always. If you're not creating new books, you're not moving ahead. No one wants to be considered a one-book wonder. You'll have nothing to promote if you spend all your time promoting and not enough writing.

Q: How do you handle a bad review?
I stomp my feet. I cry, or at least tear up, call a friend, rant in a private Facebook group, have a glass of wine, reread the review to see if I agree with anything it says...then when I've convinced myself the reviewer doesn't know beans, I move on.

Q: What advice do you give aspiring authors?
Keep writing! Write every day and don't give up on your dream.

--
Jean Joachim
Author
Sunny Days, Moonlit Nights
Now and Forever 1, a Love Story

Blurb for: "Now and Forever 1, a Love Story"

Callie Richards was no stranger to heartache. Her parents were killed when she was sixteen. Left with her older sister, she fell into a romance with good-looking, Kyle Maine. They became engaged and Callie’s future was set until he was killed in Iraq. Two years later, she pulls herself together to get her Master’s degree and restart her life on her own.

Working and studying at Kensington State University, Callie meets Mac Caldwell, the handsome dean. Together they fight a deadly campus drug ring with heart-breaking results. This is an emotional story, not a cookie-cutter romance, that will make you laugh and cry as Callie struggles to make a new life, find love and her happy ending.

Buy link for amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Now-Forever-Love-Story-ebook/dp/B005FGATE6/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1312369854&sr=1-1

3 comments:

  1. Giselle, Thank you for having me today. I enjoyed the interview and look forward to the one next week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No words truer spoke about the bad review Jean- lol- We've all been there

    Dawne P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the interview ladies. Best wishes on your books, Jean

    ReplyDelete