Saturday, January 1, 2022

About the Closure of Excessica Publishing


 As you may or may not know, my longtime publisher Excessica has closed down operations as of today (January 1st, 2022). I should mention that authors were notified in advance of this closure. No bad blood here. 

It seems like you can still buy books written by the owner, Selena Kitt (and her books are fantastic, by the way--I think I've read all of her early work) from Excessica, but what this closure means for you is that dozens of my most popular books just aren't on the market at the moment.

Actually, I should clarify: I'm talking primarily about ebooks.  I published most of my print books myself, so you should still be able to get hold of those.

My plan is to get these unavailable books back on the market ASAP, but realistically?  It's gonna take tiiiiiime, a whole lot of precious tiiiime.  It's gonna take patience and time.  To do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it right. (My apologies to George Harrison.)

The other thing this closure means for my little Donuts and Desires blog, here, is that there are probably over a thousand pages with dead links all of a sudden.  That's going to take patience and time to deal with as well. 

2022 is my 16th year as a professional author, and I wouldn't be where I am today without readers like you. I know I sound like a PBS pledge drive, but for real: I need you and I love you. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for supporting me in my writing business.

My apologies for the current messiness.  As always, I'm just one person and pain puts me out of operation some days, but I will try my hardest to get fan favourites like Nanny State and the Adam and Sheree books back on the market, plus Audrey and Lawrence, all the individual Wedding Heat stories, The Other Side of Ruth, Stacy's Dad Has Got It Going On, all those Confessions anthologies... holy crap, I have a lot of work to do.

Well, I'd better get on it.  Hold tight.  My books will be back, I promise!

No comments: