Thursday, January 16, 2014

It's been sooo long...

Donuts and Desires is a bit of a tease, according to certain readers who shall remain unnamed (mostly because I can't remember who said it). "Where are the donuts? How can you call yourself Donuts and Desires and have no donuts?"

Fair enough. It's been a very long time since I've featured anything donut-related here at D&D. So today I bring you the...

PECAN
TORTOISE
TORTE

...from Tim Horton's.  

Apparently there was some sort of contest and the Pecan Tortoise Torte was the winner.  From the website:
Voted by Canadians as the Duelling Donuts winner, the Pecan Tortoise Torte is now available for a limited time! After 63,000 donut entries, 8 outstanding donut finalists, and 144,000 votes, the winning donut is made with caramel filling, praline pecans and caramel drizzle.

It's got my vote of approval, that's for sure. I thought it would be messy, but it held together very well, even with all the chocolate, drizzle, and pralines on top. The caramel filling was sweet, but not so much that it hurt my teeth.

Good choice, Canada! You know your donuts.
Giselle

No comments:

Post a Comment